Our science strategy delivers outcomes for industry priorities and is divided into four themes:
- Consumer expectations and global value proposition
- Iconic quality and character
- Diversity of exceptional wines to the world
- Terroir and Turangawaewae
- Climate change and maintaining an exceptional wine experience
- Profitable innovation and diversification
- Best in class innovation
- People and technology drive growth
- Climate change mitigation
- Leadership in vineyard and environmental management
- Social licence to operate
- Quality management and the value chain
- Biosecurity, pests and diseases
- Adapting to climate change
- Leadership in managing resources and waste management
- Mitigating regulatory, supply chain and distribution risks in a global economy
New Zealand Wine Futures Fund
A call for expressions of interest is now open for new approaches in wine research. New Zealand Winegrowers and Bragato Research Institute are looking to fund 2-3 projects that offer new ideas or capability to our current industry practice. New Zealand legal entities are eligible, with the maximum term for a project as three years to accommodate PhD students.
Expressions of Interest must be received by 5pm NZST, on 12 July 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
Full guidelines and assessment criteria are below, as well as an expression of interest form.