In June 2018 we submitted annual work-plans to MBIE as part of our funding requirements. This included a business case for an additional $2 million contribution towards developing a new research winery facility in Marlborough.
We were delighted to be advised in September 2018 that this additional funding has been approved, giving us the green light to develop a national research winery.
- A facility where commercial wineries can trial new winemaking methods, techniques or products
- A centre for education and learning, allowing students to learn about winemaking and research
- Opportunities for exchanges and secondments with other research institutions and research wineries abroad
- A technology hub, trialling new winery equipment and technology
- A drawcard for international and regional visitors
- Modelling winery and winemaking sustainability